Course Policy: A minimum of six students is normally required for courses to materialize. All courses are intended to be offered as indicated, but course frequency may be affected due to unforeseen circumstances. We will make every effort to assist students in finding appropriate courses each semester.
Transfer of Course Credit: Students should be aware that transfer of credit is always at the discretion of the receiving institution. Accreditation does not guarantee transferability. Any student interested in transferring credit hours should check with the receiving institution directly to determine to what extent, if any, credit hours can be transferred.
Division System: For the Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Christian Ministry, Master of Arts in Counseling, and Master of Divinity degrees, courses are offered in three divisions. The divisions are organized as follows:
- Biblical Division
- Old Testament Area
- New Testament Area
- Theological Division
- Historical Theology Area
- Systematic Theology Area
- Ministerial Division
- Counseling and MFT Area
- Homiletics Area
- Congregational Ministry and Christian Formation Area
- Christian Missions Area
Core Requirements: Explanations and exceptions are noted below.
- Advanced Theological Research (BMIN 5990 ) must be taken within the first nine hours and passed with a grade of C or better. If a lower grade is earned, the class must be retaken the next semester until an acceptable grade is received.
- Students who have extensive knowledge of Greek may attempt to test out of Readings in the Greek New Testament (BNEW 5320 ). If successful, any New Testament course may be substituted in its place.
- Students who have taken graduate-level courses in Advanced Introduction to the Old Testament or New Testament from non-ATS schools may substitute courses from the corresponding Area (Old Testament or New Testament) that are taught by full-time Harding School of Theology faculty.
- Students may substitute BNEW 5230 for BNEW 5290 . Students who have taken Greek Readings (BNEW 5320 ) may substitute BNEW 5321 for BNEW 5290 .