Welcome to the HST catalog. Opening this catalog is like opening the front door to our administration building (affectionately known on our campus as “the mansion”). You will meet our professors and administrators, find a description of each course, discover your options for a degree program, and realize a lot of people have already invested in our students from the long list of endowed scholarships.
From my desk, I see much more than we can adequately capture in this document.
· Behind the list of degree programs I see several thousand graduates who were transformed and equipped for service through the training they received here. I have heard many of them say that their life and ministry would not have been the same had they not studied here.
· I see a dedicated staff that works tirelessly to provide quality student services from those who raise funds for grants to the staff at Harding University who work behind the scenes to maintain the academic accreditation of the university, manage the benefits for the faculty and staff, and run the business office. All our staff views their work at HST as a ministry. You will be blessed by their servant hearts as they assist you with registration, guide you in course selection, and manage your housing on campus.
· I see hundreds of people who faithfully and generously support the school each month as well as those who left some or all of their estates to endow scholarships. I am grateful that they valued ministry enough to invest generously in it to make it affordable.
· The catalog shows you where we are but I also see where we are going. The dynamic of our curriculum involves the constant revision of courses, developing new courses, and creating new programs in counseling and spiritual leadership. All of this takes place long before it appears in the catalog.
· I see the networking, building of community, mentoring, small group fellowships of professors and students, chapel, an active Student Association, and the social interaction that takes place in the library that students will also experience here.
As this catalog introduces and defines our academic programs, know that behind it lies a team of Christian servants committed to blessing you on your spiritual journey. HST is a wonderful place to dive deeper into the Word, to know Christ better, and to enhance your spiritual formation.
Dr. Evertt W. Huffard
Dean, Harding School of Theology